Sunday, June 13, 2010

Shopping is a demanding activity - I am not good at shopping!

Today I spent hours and hours trying to be a decent shopper. It is something that just isn't natural way of spending time for me. The biggest obstacle today was that there is SO much everything - items to purchase and crowds of co-shoppers - that I got tired in less than an hour. My eyes are literally aching because of all those colourful lay-outs of shops and boutiques one after another.

 

I had a plan to buy some necessities like a mouse rag and a towel, but I forgot everything planned as soon as I entered the MBK Shopping Center. The result is that I've no mouse rag nor towel, but I'm a proud owner of a Magic Mouse for my pretty new MacBook Pro. In addition to that cute and handy mouse I bought some books: one of them is "ACHAN - A year of teaching in Thailand" by Elayne Clift, who is writing about her year teaching at a university in Chiang Mai sharing her pleasures and pitfalls of living in a new culture. I recognize some of her feelings even now.

According to the book in the center it takes only 5 weeks to become a Buddha - how come?? Did not buy that one, yet.


What it comes to my intentions to buy couple of new dresses to wear at work, it was an utterly frustrating intention: all the reasonably priced ones were either too tiny for me or I was too robust to fit in them - I happen to be a solid Finnish womantype streight from the woods, strong enough to fight with a bear, haha, and the local dresses are not designed for my type of women.


This has been SO tiresome weekend with all these shopping activities that tomorrow I'll certainly have a lazy day by the swimming pool.

6 comments:

  1. would you like me to post you something finnish-body-type dresses??? No, I think so too. I am not so black/white/violet -as you are... You just have to cope. You are sure the person who can :) love You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear Mzi for your encouraging message - I'll certainly cope with these minor problems :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recommend lazy days... For massive shopping you need to pop up to Finland to drop some shopping items. Otherwise you have too much carry when you come back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Minna, no fear of me doing too heavy shopping during my stay. And actually, another luggage of 23 kg costs only 55 euros by KLM, just in case I am not able to hold my shopping-horses...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would just love to see you in that pink dress with the little flowers... :)

    Take care and enjoy your world traveling,
    Riti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Riti, you sure would...laugh!
    See you in the end of August.

    ReplyDelete