Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hua Hin is fresh and tiny compared to BKK

I took an "Air Conditioned" bus from the Southern Bus Station. Everything just happened: somebody sold me a ticket and somebody else took me to right bus at 8.45 as the deaparture was scheduled to be at 8.30. Air conditioning in this certain bus was not an issue, but the blue curtains were far more efficient against the sunshine. Anyway, it cost only 150 baht's and took a bit more than 3 hrs. Reasonable by all means.


In Hua Hin a friendly taxi driver offered to drive me to the hotel from the bus stop - well, thanks a lot! The hotel was just round the corner and the taxi driver did not switch his taxi meter on, neither did I ask for the cost... so I had to pay 100 baht's for two minutes ride! Stupid me!
I booked hotel Citin Loft on-line in advance, and fortunately it really reminds a lot of the descpriptions and photos on their web sites. Here are my own shots.

A cloudy day, so, I just walked around in Hua Hin, had late lunch and finally tested swimming pool above - which happens to be on the top of this hotel. Right now I'll pop in to Hua Hin Jazz Festival for a while.
Meet you here soon!

4 comments:

  1. sound great Outi.

    hope you enjoy ur trip
    and next time should ask thai people
    and the directions The first thing you need to learn.

    there are black and white like coin has 2 sides.


    and please don't give us a hard organizational exam lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed, and I learned immediately - atleast until next time...
    I really enjoy my stay here where everything is slowlier and less crowded, so far.
    Exams are...well, I do not like exams either :)
    See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Typical Thai taxi, no meter on, sometimes you just have to jump out of the car to get your will... Well, enjoy HuaHin and all nice fish restaurants and food! Very handy trip from BKK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good stuff! At least you relaxed at your comfortable accommodation rooms. The view from the pool looks great. I have planned my vacation at one of Hua Hin hotels and I am sure my family and I will have a great time.

    ReplyDelete