Friday, June 11, 2010

Grand Opening Ceremony for the Freshmen impressed me!

I had an opportunity to attend the Freshmen's Grand Opening Ceremony near Rangsit Campus as a VIP guest (another morning for demanding gymnastic exercises to dress up the black dress...).  Unfortunately I forgot the camera at home. Anyway, it probably wouldn't have been appropriate to snap photos while sitting on the stage with all the vice precidents of BU.

Buddhistic ceremonies were touching, as everything else too, though I did not understand the words - but as we are here in a high context culture, everything else means more that just words. Anyway, it was quite an experience as its whole, but especially the moment when the Freshmen came to me (and other supervisors) and we bound a white ribbon on their wrists wishing them good luck in their studies and life. After the ceremony I had a fancy lunch time with Dr. Siriwan and The President Dr. Mathana and the other executives of BU.

Once again I have a feeling that I'm lucky and priviledged to be here.

                                           (Photo: Dr. Siriwan)

Bye the way, the traditional Thai greeting, "waii",  is a very beautiful one: I demand that we'll start greeting like that at SAMK too, to bring some aesthetics and at least some formal respect for each other in our everyday life!

Now it'll be time for shopping:  Designing 120  multiple choice questions with 4 reasonable answering alternatives for each (= 480 choices!) for midterm exams was such a heavy duty that I really have earned some pampering...
I'll be back in this blogging business during the weekend in case internet connections allow me to.

1 comment:

  1. please do not give us a hard exam.

    organizational communication is freaking hard.

    having a good time Outi.

    ReplyDelete